Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Books

My list is now complete! I now have 23 books to read thanks to all who responded!

Yes, I know 23 books in a year seems like a lofty goal, but I'm a reader. I have spent countless nights staying up late reading, sometimes until early morning. Often I get so absorbed in a book that I wish the fictional world was real (my college roommates can tell you stories about this). Here is my list so far:

1. Pride and Prejudice (sadly, I've never made it though the whole thing)
2. Eat, Pray, Love
3. The Guernsey and Potato Peel Society
4. Inkspell
5. Inkdeath
6. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
7. Three Cups of Tea
8. The Kite Runner
9. Marley & Me
10. The Screwtape Letters
11. The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder
12. The Last Summer (of You & Me)
13. The Last Unicorn
14. Sex God : Rob Bell
15. Something Fresh
16. The Shack
17. Wicked replaced with I am Cheese
18. Blue Like Jazz
19. A Child Called It
20. The Shame of the Nation: Jonathan Kozol
21. The Great Divorce
22. Same Kind of Different as Me
23. The Freedom Writers Diary

I know, I know, my list isn't complete yet. This is where you come in. Give me suggestions! I'll read just about anything, but I'm not a big fan of sci-fi so those types of suggestions may be vetoed unless you give a compelling summary. After I read each book I'll be posting my review of it. As I go through this literary journey I hope you'll be inspired to pick up a new book or two as well!

4 comments:

  1. The Great Divorce -- C.S. Lewis Possibly my favorite of his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything by Jodi Piccoult. And watch out for Wicked...I made it about 30 pages in and put it down. It's VERY dark! Not really like the Broadway version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you are a texas girl, you should read "Same Kind of Different as Me." Great stuff. -Adam H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pride & Prejudice, Wicked, and The Screwtape Letters!

    I don't really have any suggestions since I tend to read mysteries and chick lit. But I really like Carol Goodman's books. Have you read any by Jennifer Weiner or Cecilia Ahern? They are all good reads.

    ReplyDelete