Monday, September 13, 2010

Book Two: "The Last Summer (of You and Me)" by Ann Brashares

Over Labor Day weekend, I flew to Chicago to attend my cousin's wedding. The book that I took with me was one that I stumbled upon in a half price bookstore and because the back cover made it sound interesting, I made the purchase.

I began reading "The Last Summer (of You and Me)" before my flight left Kansas City on Thursday and finished it Friday night. Yes, this was another one I stayed up late reading.

The storyline was mediocre at best. Two sisters, one boy, vacation home in the Hamptons, one sister becomes sick, a semi-tragic/sad ending, a love story intertwined, and that basically sums up the story. The only reason I gave up some precious shut-eye was that it was an easy read and I did become a little interested in the characters.

If you like book by Ann Brashares (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) you may like this one. Unlike SOTTP, this is an adult novel with adult content. Overall, not horrible, but not great.


No comments:

Post a Comment